In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• the other two being

'hes a dick'

and

'omg what a dick'

?
  • Haha well, that's the BIG reason... but I was referring to what he did to me on my bday being one of the top 3 reasons why I no longer speak to him smile.gif
  • My head's killing me and so is my stomach. I've got a stupid @$%& head cold! Where did I catch a cold from?

I've got a complaint about myself, but it's strange cause it's not really a complaint more of an observation. I noticed if there's only one guy in the room, I've got to be his center of attention even if I'm not interested in him. I'm not trying to throw myself at him either, but I do become more flirting then I realize. This has led to getting phone numbers from guys I have absolutely no interest in. Partly, when I first meet the guy, I'm trying to see if there's something there to be friends with, but then when I lose interest and just want to be polite, I've already made the poor guy think I have a greater interest in him than I really do. I think I have a vamp living in me dying to come out.

Gah, I can't stop coughing!
  • when you care about someone so much, and they know you do, but they show little or no interest back. i know they can't force themselves to be attracted to you, but still! it seemed like he was interested and now he's not. but then last night we kept making strange eye contact and things were really awkward. it's one of those times when you don't really want to say anything to them to avoid extra awkwardness, but then it's almost even more awkward when you don't say anything to them. i do not really think he's "involved" with anyone anymore, but i don't know! things are just so crazy right now. i want things to be like how they were in august with me and him.

sad.gif
  • back to reality today for me... i missed all my classes yesterday because i was still in chicago... although i don't see that as a complaint... my complaint is that i'm back in michigan, going back to school. stupid, f'ing, school

oh and, dealing with other people's petty b.s while we're all on separate spring breaks. that was fun.
  • Ugh, I creep myself out. I'm feeling borderline stalkerish.
  • Because I looked at "this one dude's" Facebook and totally indulged in whatever he cared to put on there, and we've only ever talked, like, 2 times max. And for some reason, whenever I do something embarrassing, my stupid mind convinces me that whomever's concerned knows about it.
  • Urgh, so I just basically mortified myself, because no one knows about it now. But you guys.
  • courtney, i have the same problem with gossip. I cant partake or even listen to it or i just feel so bad around the person who was being talked about...

OH MY GOSHHHHHH! I just spent around 5 hours on an assignment for my greek and latin class. it was pretty easy, just formating stuff on the computer takes INSANELY long. So i was doing ok... almost done and then... WACK! ERROR!! FILE CORUPTED!!! WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAVE?

so i saved... AND HALF MY WORK WENT MISSING sad.gif... so with only 1 hour till class i started to work on it again. BUT THEN it got screwed up again... but this time all my work went missing sad.gif

mad.gif

in then end i just printed out the work sheet and scribbled by hand the stuff that i could remember in 5 minutes
    there goes 5% of my final mark down the drain
  • being a half an hour late for my second Harvard interview because of traffic/subway problems... ohmy.gif

running from the Harvard Square T stop all the way to the admissions office, and so being all icky when I made it.

not being able to express myself in words. SO AWKWARD when I'm sitting there trying to convey something really important and I completely lose all my verbal skills. dkasjegdfoadfhljasedrf

other than that, it went well? I guess?

*dies*
  • Awwe. ^
    I am sure that you did well
    It always goes better than you thought it did.

Things work our strangely that way
  • Ooo, *hugs* for Fel and Milky!

Studying Hamlet and Ros and Guil is ruining them for me. I wish I could go back to enjoying them purely and simply as entertainment.

• QUOTE ({Musically-Addicted} @ Mar 14 2008, 11:06 PM)
    Awwe. ^
    I am sure that you did well
    It always goes better than you thought it did.

Things work our strangely that way

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Mar 15 2008, 02:52 AM)
    Ooo, *hugs* for Fel and Milky!

Studying Hamlet and Ros and Guil is ruining them for me. I wish I could go back to enjoying them purely and simply as entertainment.

smile.gif smile.gif thanks guyses
    I'm sure it'll turn out okay, I don't really care about Harvard that much anyways.

and awww, Jacqui, I ADORE R&G, and that's really sad...
    I think it's worth studying as well as enjoying, because there's so many layers of brilliance.
    But if one makes the other impossible...
    sad.gif
    that's not so good.
  • I'm depressed. Like seriously, it's not like oh I'm sad, I really feel depressed.
    I know comparatively my life isn't all that bad or whatever, but for me, someone who stresses out over everything, it's kind of impossible to have a clear head right now it seems like every dilemma is coming at me at once.
    So first off, finals are next week - I have Making of the Modern World (college req) and Modern British History (college req/GE) on Tuesday and I'm freaking out because when I had midterms for those classes I had the flu really bad that week (those two had midterms on the same day) and so I couldn't go to class that week and kept sleeping that week and the only classes I went to were to take those midterms and so I did not do very well. I suppose considering I was ill it was okay - an 84 on MMW and a C on Brit Hist. So okay fine, I'll have to work hard and do well on the final right? Sure, except it just really sucks when your GEs give you more trouble than your major classes. MMW is a six quarter long sequence we have to take - I'm in mmw 5 so you would think I'd get the hang of it yeah? No, it's still a struggle every time, and this time my professor is fuckin hard and harps on the literature we're reading without giving historical background whereas in all other mmw classes history is supplemented with lit. On top of that, all the political science kids have a comparative advantage since we're doing shit like hobbes, locke, rousseau, marx, etc. so basically poiltical theory shit throughout the time period the class covers. I hate political theory - it is kinda fascinating but honestly, I don't know what the best way to get out of the state of nature is and I don't know how to solve the proletariat bourgeois problem okay. Oh and with British history, this lady rambles on and on and on and jumps around time periods and name drops every possible lord/ear/pm she can possibly think of. and she assigned a shitload of text book reading AND a novel per week on top of that. So, of course I haven't done any of the reading and in this class the midterm is 1/3 of your grade and the final is 2/3. so... SHIT.
    Okay now come my two econ classes - econometrics and microeconomics. So I've taken stats before and so econometrics is kind of a joke to me. Even so, I went to class most of the time and studied for exams, did well on hw etc. On the first midterm I got an 84 because of one stupidass question that EVERYONE missed and then a stupid mistake by me. Aright fine, 84 is okay. Then on the second midterm, which I thought was fairly easy, I get a 69! WHAT. THE. FUCK. SERIOUSLY?! So I blew the first question which was super easy and missed 12 points because of that. Dumbest mistake ever. and the rest was I think harsh grading and possibly an inaccurate key on the part of the TAs. So I have to go bother one of the TAs on Monday, but unfortunately they aren't even nice. =[ Each exam (even the final) is worth 30%, and HW is 10%. So shit.
    With microecon this is my favorite class and I love the professor, so I always go to class, pay attention, go to problem sessions, sometimes visit TAs, study, etc, and yet I always fall a few points close to an A. Like around 88% or something. OH and omg this class has TWO adorable TAs ahhhh so cute! <3 Ben and Charlie! Anyway, so here I know if I get an A on the final I'll get an A in the class probably, but thats just added stress you know and it takes a lot of time to study for this class.

Okay lets move on from finals freakouts. So I'm in Associated Students Programming, which is the division of the general student council type of thing that plans all the on-campus concerts. I'm on staff as a Sponsorship Coordinator and have been working on trying to find sponsors for our Sun God festival in May. There was already a sponsorship coordinator on staff since the beginning of the year but since things weren't going too well they decided to add two more people towards the end of Fall Quarter. So I applied and got it. I started working with the Festivals Coordinator (the dude in charge of the event) when Winter Quarter started in January. Unfortunately sponsorship has been pretty weak in the past, so we had to basically start from scratch - that meant coming up with sponsorship packets/proposals of various levels to send to companies, compiling a list of companies to contact, etc. It took us I'd say at least four weeks to get the packets together, so I had started to do a bit of cold calls before, but didn't really get started until the middle of the quarter. From then on I made AT LEAST four calls per day, usually much more, sent emails, scoured company websites for contact information, etc. I had I'd say three solid leads and none of them came through. I worked my ass off and by the end of the 10th (last) week of the quarter I felt really frustrated and decided we needed a new strategy. The entire time the festivals quarter would always pester me when I went into the office - "Hey Ambreen who did you contact today whats the update blah blah blah" So on Thursday I sent him an email saying who I contacted that day and wrote at the end that I feel like its too late in the game to keep pursuing corporate sponsors and that we clearly needed a new strategy and that maybe we should focus on smaller local companies and maybe lower prices. He didn't reply to my e-mail since I usually go into the office on Friday morning. I go into the office on Friday and he's like so I'm going to ask you something and be as non-confrontational as possible, and I know you've contacted plenty of companies, but are you just frustrated or do you really think you've tried your hardest and called almost all the companies on our list and tried to get them as sponsors, etc.. essentially he was insinuating that I had not done enough and that I was just fed up. My response that yes I am frustrated, however it is because I have tried almost everyone on the list - most companies ask for mail-in proposals or online applications and so I did a few online apps but its too late in the game for mail-ins. In addition, I call people every day and its not just about calling you know. So he was like right but I see getting sponsors like booking bands where you have a massive list and you have your priorities of who you want first, but then you keep going on the list. I said look there is a huge difference between booking a band and getting a sponsor - when you book you are paying them and if you have to go back and forth to negotiate it is still drastically different from when you are asking companies for money so he was like no i mean did you call all the companies and i reiterated that yes I've contacted plenty etc etc so he was like okay and so that was that.
    Two hours later we're having our staff meeting and going around and saying what we've been working on and I tell the same story of needing to revamp our strategy etc and in justifying it I also bring up how most corporations do not keep sponsoring college events a top priority and the bottom line is that when it comes to corporate responsibility and sponsorship, initially we make think we are an ideal demographic, but really we aren't because companies would rather give money to poor people or going green campaigns or if they want to sponsor an event they would sponsor larger events with more publicity... sigh so then he goes and gets all like no i don't agree with that at all - we are the ideal demographic and you're confusing philanthropy and sponsorship blah blah balh and we go at it in the middle of the staff meeting (there are only like 6 other ppl there so it isn't too bad) but still it was kinda awkward and embarrassing when like your friend is accusing you of all this shit in front of other people. He did that with other people working on Sun God too and really I'd say at least four of us are ready to punch his face. However, the president guy was like okay contact local companies but keep trying a few corporations and I said okay and that fucking asshole kept going and okay so that ended and I went to class but its FUCKING ANNOYING. Especially when in the past they've hardly gotten any sponsorship and now they're telling me they need like $25K in sponsorship. So I'm just like WTF HOW!? I am not a very charismatic person and I'm trying as hard as I fucking can okay. Jeeeeez

On top of all this I'm like trying to plan out my life. I still would really like to graduate in three years, which would mean I'm done next June; however, I don't want to graduate without any experience in the working field and so I would like to intern this summer. At the same time I want to take the second summer session at UCSD and would prefer to live down here in the summer. The problem with that is I still want a career in the music industry and most internships with record labels would be in LA or NY. I live in the greater LA area, but the commute to where the label buildings are would be RIDICULOUS. So if I stay home I'm fucked too. Beyond that I don't even know how to nail one of these internships since I don't have any connections at all to anyone in the music industry. Ideally I'd like to intern from mid-june to august part time and then when summer school starts cut it to part time or something but I think that is not going to happen. So I'm freakin out over that too - and I'm scared for the future. OH and I want a job because as much I love spending my parents money, there comes a point where you can't ask for more and there are things I want and vacations I want to go on and I can't ask them for like thousands of dollars in pocket money you know. That brings me to vacations.. I reallly reallly want to go on vacation man and I have three options either beginning of summer to London, end of summer to NY or winter break in London. Ideally I'd love to do both of the last two but I dont know how it would work out.

Okay that was really not cohesive and me just rambling but hey I guess thats what this thread is about right? If you read this all the way through, I really appreciate you taking that time out of your lives to listen to me going crazy. Love you guys! cool.gif
  • i have a splitting headache...

i passed out at... i have no idea. maybe 4? whenever the MSU game ended. i have a giant bruise on my leg... i don't know how i fell to get it. i also dirtied 2 pairs of jeans... i put the clean ones on, went outside and tackled my friend to the ground and got covered in mud. i passed out until 8:30... and i just feel like i slammed my head into a brick wall all day.

thanks st. patrick. you asshole.
  • aww amberdino sad.gif
    I hope you feel better!

You too Katieyellow!

I hate people on youtube.
    Do they HAVE to come on and make stupid little comments on my video?
    I swear, they are so freaking annoying, especially when its someone from another forum
    and she is a freaking bitch there too!
    UGH!
    She needs to know, that the band doesn't make it's money off of CD sales, they make MOST of their money off of merchandise, and stuff like that.
    I swear, she just commented on that video to piss me off.
    And who is going to go on there, and rip the song off it anyways?! mad.gif rolleyes.gif
  • Here's my Wednesday... that I'm dreading and hating. I can't wait until tomorrow is fucking OVER!

8am-9:50am ADV class: Exam
    10:30am-12:30pm: Work
    12:40pm-2pm SOC class: Paper due
    3pm-4:20pm PHL class: Exam

**that's advertising, sociology, and philosophy**
  • aww, Ambie..... wub.gif
    I'm sure you'll do fine on the finals. It sounds like a lot of stress, but I think you can work through it smile.gif
    And the sponsorships, I think as long as you're trying your hardest that's all you can do. It sounds like a lot of work and a lot of money to raise on your own. Maybe you could ask some friends to at least help with phone calls, etc? And it sounds like you've got a good plan to fall back on, as well.
    Just don't let that silly guy frustrate you. also, try to remember that if he's planning the whole event, he has to be at least (if not more) stressed than you are. So maybe he's just taking it out on you... which sucks, but at least it's understandable.
    and I'm sure you'll be fine there too smile.gif
    and good luck with the summer/vacation stuff!!
    biggrin.gif
    we love you too

and Katie, that's a rough schedule smile.gif we'll be sympathizing with you all tomorrow biggrin.gif

I forgot we had a Calc test today, which means I forgot to teach myself what was on the test, which means I had to completely wing it. (I CANNOT stay awake in that class, my teacher's nice and she's pretty good, but she's SO goddamn boring... so I usually sleep through class and teach myself the unit before the test.)
    I've managed to keep my average at an A- this term, but now I've prolly screwed myself over.
    ugh, and I had a Latin test today- which I did study for, but I skipped the one passage which was on the test.
    and a playing assessment for band. where, obviously, he had us play the toughest passage in all of our music. Although that turned out well, actually. It was a lot shorter/lesspainful than I had expected, and I think I did pretty well.
    *dies*

but hey, at least it's over?

but this means I might actually have to try next term, even though it's my last EVER.
    cause I really really want to be exempt from all my finals
    which means A- or above averages in all my classes.
    ksjdfhakjdghflagdhljadghlajdfhg