In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• THE CARDIGANS WANT YOU BACK.
    BRIGIT NILSSON WANTS YOU BACK.
    BJORN BORG WANTS YOU BACK.
    AND KARL GUSTAV VON WRANGEL WANTS YOU BACK.
    LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAA....
  • I had a dream a few weeks back (haven't been on the board much). I dreamt that I met Damian again after a concert. I went looking for him and found him on the other side of a barricade, and we talked. In the dream, he told me that the OK Go record was recorded and would be coming out next week, and that it was scented. I was surprised because I didn't know it was coming out so soon, and I was charmed and intrigued that they'd done something so novel as to put a scent in it.

Thinking about it later, I decided that the smell would be the smell of being in love. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Sep 23 2008, 07:36 PM)
    In the dream, he told me that the OK Go record was recorded and would be coming out next week, and that it was scented. I was surprised because I didn't know it was coming out so soon, and I was charmed and intrigued that they'd done something so novel as to put a scent in it.

Sureeyesawake, you are brilliant! This has Damian written all over it. Whoever sees them at the next show should suggest it. wink.gif

• wow that is genius! I would love some eau de OK Go on my album.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Sep 23 2008, 10:36 PM)
    Thinking about it later, I decided that the smell would be the smell of being in love. smile.gif

Definitely. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jul 24 2008, 04:20 PM)
    THE CARDIGANS WANT YOU BACK.
    BRIGIT NILSSON WANTS YOU BACK.
    BJORN BORG WANTS YOU BACK.
    AND KARL GUSTAV VON WRANGEL WANTS YOU BACK.
    LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Bowling for Soup reference?
  • They've been in the studio since the 14th.

http://www.davefridmann.com/dave/News.html
  • ^^^ YAY!!! ^^^
  • how much do you guys love dan's vid? when andy comes in and massages his shoulders... and says he hasn't been workin hard wink.gif
  • This information/video was the greatest way to start my day this morning biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 29 2008, 12:22 PM)
    how much do you guys love dan's vid? when andy comes in and massages his shoulders... and says he hasn't been workin hard wink.gif

EDIT: seeing the video right now...Dan's sore laugh.gif

Is it just me or does Rusty looks wayyyyyyy too much like X files' David Duchovny?
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 29 2008, 11:45 AM)
    Is it just me or does Rusty looks wayyyyyyy too much like X files' David Duchovny?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I JUST thought that too, for the first time - today...

wow. I never really paid that much attention to Andy before.. hmmmm....
    He was the most talkative when I was able to meet them...hmmmmm....

hmmmmm.....
  • haha he's talkative in general!!
    once you talk to damian for about 2 minutes, his gift of gab just starts a flowin' smile.gif

and no joke. i was up at like, 7am and saw that and couldn't stop beaming!!!
  • I love love love when Dan said also, my bed is uncomortable. I laughed really hard at that.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Sep 24 2008, 08:23 PM)
    Bowling for Soup reference?

Of course.

From HERE.

Click on the pic to read it. Best to start from the bottom and read up, unless you like reading conversations backward.
  • Oh that was awesome! Dave Fridmann sounds like a great person to record with.

I am SOOOO excited for this new album!! Ahhhhhhh lafleijgjalgjelij
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 22 2008, 08:31 AM)

hm... that guy in the middle looks pretty funny...
  • QUOTE (heydoofball @ Jan 3 2009, 05:43 PM)
    hm... that guy in the middle looks pretty funny...

Yeah, so every other time I've read that, I thought you meant (who I'm assuming is) Dave Fridmann and was like, "That's 'cause he's not in the band..."

And now I realise you meant Damian 'cause he's making Stupid Face.
  • Hooray guys, ACTUAL information!!!!!!!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-on-march-tour/

...Starting March 6th, OK Go are hitting the road to preview songs from their next album, the follow-up to 2005’s Oh No. On this upcoming third full-length, the band is looking to some unlikely influences: Aretha Franklin, Al Green and Prince. “I was in a heavy classic-soul/Purple Rain phase — that’s why there’s not that many guitars on the album,” says frontman Damian Kulash of the LP, due out this summer. “Those songs make guitars feel redundant and sledgehammer-ish. If you need a loud, heavy guitar to make your song rock, there’s a problem with your song.”

Rather than become pigeonholed as power-popping treadmill rockers (thanks to their viral hit “Here It Goes Again”), the band traded their guitars for timpani, trombones and synthy strings to churn out orchestral, chamber-pop style tunes that Kulash says juxtapose club-ready beats and angsty lyrics. “It’s like Purple Rain through broken speakers,” he explains. “Maybe that’s a little unfair — obviously we’re not fucking geniuses — but it’s dancey and anthemic and expansive.”

Recorded with Flaming Lips’ producer Dave Fridmann, the tentatively titled Help Is On the Way focuses on metaphorical plotlines: “In the Glass” ponders the consequences of trading places with one’s reflection (”not a la ‘Man in the Mirror,’ ” Kulash says) and “Shooting the Moon” is written from the point of view of an astronaut who’s involved in a conspiracy and doesn’t know what to do. “The songs are sort of sad,” says Kulash. “But instead of it being, like, ‘This is what happened to me in real life,’ the emotions are spelled out in a more surreal way.”

The band will road-test the tracks when it launches that 13-date U.S. tour in March. Until then, they’re soaking in the scenery around Fridmann’s studio, a converted Amish barn in upstate New York. “It’s the middle of nowhere, but it’s not exactly idyllic,” says Kulash, whose car has been chased by hunting dogs. “When we got here, we thought, ‘Oh, we’ll be taking walks through the woods,’ and Dave was like, ‘Make sure you wear a bright orange jacket and take the air horn so people don’t shoot you.’ ”

Also, it looks like our boardies aren't the only people annoyed about the guys skipping Chicago on this tour:
    http://chicagoist.com/2009/02/18/ok_go_to_...kip_chicago.php