In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Well, I'm reporting back from the last time I bought Oh No and OK Go CDs (+ DVD) for somebody. So far he said he only listened to "the first one", so I take it that he looked at the inserts and knows which one was the first one. He likes it! He made a point to call my husband to mention that he liked it, and he wouldn't do that if he didn't like it, and he'd already thanked us. And he said he was writing me an E-mail about it, but I didn't get a mail yet. Just that much, however, says something, because this guy is PICKY about music (in a good way). smile.gif Woot. wink.gif
  • Congrats of the new fan you made!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Aug 30 2007, 04:21 AM)
    ykyow you tell your mum we're going to have goulash tomorrow so you can make kulash jokes

laugh.gif I wanted to make goulash too! I already asked my mom to make stroganoff (because of Tim's cheer in "Let's get baked with OK Go"), but I wanted to try a vegetarian one first, and well....BLECH! I guess I'll have to try it with meat if I really want it.
  • Making new fans are so cool Kareh!

I introduced my friend to OK Go and she said her fave is "Maybe, This Time" and you feel better at knowing that she didn't just go for 'the treadmill song.'
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Aug 30 2007, 02:32 PM)
    I introduced my friend to OK Go and she said her fave is "Maybe, This Time" and you feel better at knowing that she didn't just go for 'the treadmill song.'

Mhmm!!
    My friend, the one who I've made quite the OK Go fan, if I do say so myself, actually doesn't care for HIGA all that much (although she does like the UK surf version).

I was very happy to hear that my dad enjoyed the concert. It's so cute, whenever he tells someone the story, you can tell he gets all excited and happy about it biggrin.gif I love it.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 31 2007, 06:03 AM)
    Mhmm!!
    My friend, the one who I've made quite the OK Go fan, if I do say so myself, actually doesn't care for HIGA all that much (although she does like the UK surf version).

I was very happy to hear that my dad enjoyed the concert. It's so cute, whenever he tells someone the story, you can tell he gets all excited and happy about it biggrin.gif I love it.

I have a "fan in training" but she's got a long way to go yet...

I was so surprised but my dad was complaining about the concert the other day and it wasn't because OK Go sucked. He thought the audience there was really disproportionate to their amazingness (mabye he didn't use 'amazingness'). He keeps saying how they put on a very "energetic and entertaining" show and said he'd really enjoy seeing them again... as long as it's legal.

Ykyow you do illegal things to get into an OK Go concert unsure.gif
  • Aww, cute father!

You used a fake id right?
  • Aww you guys have cute dads. My mom is that way about when we met Andy at dinner. She always likes to bring it up and say how she innitiatedh it and that we should be thanking er haha. I love that woman.
  • Aww! After I met OK Go, I texted my brother about it, and my mom got so excited and I believe she even did a little dance biggrin.gif

Edit: By dinner, do you mean during dinner you talk about it, or you met him during dinner?
  • Oh when we met him at dinner before the show we were going to. She was with my sister and I but she didn't go to the show so thats all she has to go on really. She always brings it up, its great!
  • Aww, that's cute!
  • My parents didn't share the excitement of meeting the boys.

When I phoned home to tell them, my mom just sighed and went "You know what you need to do, Alice? *singing* Get get get get over it!!!"

She thinks I'm too obsessed.
  • my sister was all excited too,when i told her about the concert and how we've talked to Tim ... even though she didn't really know about ok go back then...now she's got a giant picture of Damian in her small flat wink.gif next month i'm going to move in with her and i already plan on turning her walls all paisleyish...

yesterday i was shopping with my mom and she laughed at me for buying various things (boxes, tissues,...) with a certain pattern on them... plus: my shoes, my precious shoes... aw... i think i should take a foto...

all in all my parents are far from coming with me to an ok go concert (...which is rare when you live in germany...) all they do is assuming that whenever i'm singing or dancing or ...smiling...it has something to do with ok go.

Edit: my shoes, next to my new/old shirt (old white shirt, new ok go logo on it) and the sleepy cat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/mal...87/DSC01031.jpg
  • YKYOW:

You see a guy with a shirt that says "More Cowbell Please!" on Monday, and you hold it in to tell the board on Saturday.

When asked to tell about yourself at the beginning of the school year, you must tell everyone that you're obsessed with Ok Go...and your friend helps.
  • YKYOW: Your friend mentions Malcom in the Middle and its TMBG theme song and you nearly jump out of your chair.
  • YKYOW....your sister tells you she smoked pot and you get mad then she says it seemed like a good idea at the time and you are suddenly not mad anymore
  • YKYOW... you go to a state park with some friends and end up spending an hour and a half "skipping rocks like OK Go!" laugh.gif
  • haha did u almost run into the water like Dan?
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Sep 2 2007, 09:11 PM)
    haha did u almost run into the water like Dan?

haha! that was like my favorite part of the video haha and Tims face he was like WTF? haha
  • YKYOW: your mom mixes up the words "show up" and "go" in a way that it comes out as "sh-go" and you immediately think of "Chica-go-go".