In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• ykyow

you gasp extremely loud when you hear HIGA start playing at the beginning of the commercial for the show "are you smarter than a fifth grader"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • ykyow...
    you are reading the list of football players at your sisters school and you see a damian on there and then you see another damian (both spelled that way) and can't help but freak out and ask your sister if they are hot (they aren't according to her).

you make a list of things to buy at hobby lobby because they have a bunch of ok go-ish stuff.
    i serioulsy wanted to buy the whole store haha
  • I wasn't sure where to put this comment- it isn't a picture or anything substantive and it isn't really an OK Go incident for the obsession thread.
    It's just something I find amusing, so sorry that it doesn't really fit here.
    Everyonce in a while, I read the comments on my fav videos, and a minute ago, having finished a chapter and being too lazy and tired to study anymore (grrrrrr to school), I went to read some of the HIGA comments.
    And there are so many ppl who are claiming to be OK Go's cousin or friend or connected to them in some way.
    And then someone will say, "No, you're not." And the poster'll be like, "I don't care if you believe me! It's true!"
    ...I found that funny...
    Anyway, 22 million views.
    But they've been bumped off the top ten. I have a feeling ppl like Beyonce aren't really all that interesting to watch 30 million times, and something fishy is going on.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Sep 7 2007, 07:32 PM)
    I wasn't sure where to put this comment- it isn't a picture or anything substantive and it isn't really an OK Go incident for the obsession thread.
    It's just something I find amusing, so sorry that it doesn't really fit here.
    Everyonce in a while, I read the comments on my fav videos, and a minute ago, having finished a chapter and being too lazy and tired to study anymore (grrrrrr to school), I went to read some of the HIGA comments.
    And there are so many ppl who are claiming to be OK Go's cousin or friend or connected to them in some way.
    And then someone will say, "No, you're not." And the poster'll be like, "I don't care if you believe me! It's true!"
    ...I found that funny...

Lolololol, why do I find that so incredibley amusing!?
  • when the band "Man in Gray" is on the cover of the events section of the newspaper, and the first thing you think is, "Hey, they're on Andy's label!!"
  • YKYOW...you're singing a song in choir with the lyrics, "O Mother whom all must praise," and all you can think of is Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. laugh.gif
  • YKYOW you see a tall man with "Damian hair" on the escalators in the tube station, so you and your ever-so-wonderful friend (who accepts the obsession even if she doesn't quite understand it) decide to follow him until you lose him in the rush hour crowd.

And then as we backtracked to make our way to our own platform (as he had led us to the wrong line), every time we saw a tall guy with dark hair my friend exclaimed "It's Damian-man!".

And I made her listen to OK Go on the train. And squealed loudly when I saw that she had GOI on her mp3 player, from an old compliation album.
  • QUOTE (frielanor @ Sep 11 2007, 12:25 PM)
    YKYOW...you're singing a song in choir with the lyrics, "O Mother whom all must praise," and all you can think of is Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. laugh.gif

Ha biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 11 2007, 01:50 PM)
    YKYOW you see a tall man with "Damian hair" on the escalators in the tube station, so you and your ever-so-wonderful friend (who accepts the obsession even if she doesn't quite understand it) decide to follow him until you lose him in the rush hour crowd.

Ha!

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 8 2007, 12:36 PM)
    when the band "Man in Gray" is on the cover of the events section of the newspaper, and the first thing you think is, "Hey, they're on Andy's label!!"

Cool!
  • LOL all of your stories are hilarious.

YKYOW OK Go helps you find your phone. no really.

I spent a half-hour looking for my cell phone yesterday. Then later that night, my friend tells me our teacher found it earlier that day in the class. She had asked my friend if she knew whose phone it was. Of course, the little headline on my phone says "OMG!! OK Go!!!!" so my friend immediately knew it was my phone. And that's how OK Go helped me find my phone. The End.
  • I agree, I love these stories.

YKYOW you can spot the DWYW Wallpaper in the strangest places, like a mile away.

For example, I saw a tiny little picture in the paper of the movie "Shoot 'em Up" that has the wallpaper in the background. And also I saw it in a promo video for this other (fantastic) band Grace - they were in a bathroom that had it.

I also saw it in the background of something else recently, I think it was for a featured myspace vid.
  • LOL lately I've been seeing paisley everywhere. Or at least imagining paisley everywhere. Every time I see a complex repeated pattern on anything, I assume it's paisley. Even my math teacher's shirt.
    LOL lately I've been seeing paisley everywhere. Or at least imagining paisley everywhere. Every time I see a complex repeated pattern on anything, I assume it's paisley. Even my math teacher's shirt.

Woah, I do that too! But I saw this girl with paisley shoes. I literally *stared* at her shoes and now I want a pair so very badly.
  • In my 2D Art class, we had to do a simple value scale... dark to light, first using shading, then diagonal lines, and then pick our own way to do it. I picked paisley. It took forever, but MAN, it looks great.
  • oh sweet! With your artistic skills, Shalu, I bet it was the best in the class!
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Sep 12 2007, 01:51 AM)
    LOL lately I've been seeing paisley everywhere. Or at least imagining paisley everywhere. Every time I see a complex repeated pattern on anything, I assume it's paisley. Even my math teacher's shirt.

There was a woman at synagogue tonight with a paisley walking stick. I was jealous.
  • YKYOW.......Your mom asks you to make you a workout mix cd, and you automatically think of HIGA.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 12 2007, 11:14 PM)
    There was a woman at synagogue tonight with a paisley walking stick. I was jealous.

that's kind of randomly amazing.

ykyow... you really should be in bed by now, seeing as school starts @ 7:30 in the morning and you have an English presentation to give and two chemistry labs to finish, but the boards are so much more entertaining...
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Sep 13 2007, 05:14 AM)

... and when I read that, I immediately thought of it as a twirling/dancing prop. blink.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Sep 12 2007, 05:49 PM)
    Woah, I do that too! But I saw this girl with paisley shoes. I literally *stared* at her shoes and now I want a pair so very badly.

i have paisley shoes!

ykyow... you buy paisley shoes, and not because you need them. simply because they have a distant affiliation with OK Go.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 13 2007, 09:43 AM)
    i have paisley shoes!

ykyow... you buy paisley shoes, and not because you need them. simply because they have a distant affiliation with OK Go.

I have tons of paisley that I wasn't aware that I had, in my closet.  That's just because they're not bright clashing patterns, so I didn't see an OK Go connection when I bought them (or else they're older than my fandom is).  And I guess they bought a lot of their clothes in Europe, which is where I am...  Hah.  It was actually kinda hard to find a pantsuit for a wedding last December, that was NOT paisley or OK Go-ish in some way.  (I did end up with something paisley).

Paisley shoes sound cool.  I wonder how often I'd see those here if I were to go shopping today.  In all honesty I don't clothes-shop much because it freaks me out and frustrates me and takes hours, I don't enjoy shopping at all...  I'd wear paisley shoes though.

I wear those Cuban boots and/or whatever those are that Damian wears onstage (what are they called again? I just know them when I see them), but I've ALWAYS worn those; they're kinda my trademark.  (Kinda irrelevant as far as obsession, then.  I'm just chiming in for the convo and I approve wholeheartedly of Damian's footwear choice there) ;-)

Edit: I also have ugly-ish shoes that make my feet look bigger like the shoes in that Vogue shoot, and my husband hates them, haha. They're comfy though, and match everything, and I have freakishly LITTLE feet for my height, so they balance me out.