In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 16 2006, 06:14 AM)
    Am I the only one here who wishes the band would stop touring long enough so they can write some more songs, make some more videos and put out another CD? First CD in 2002, second in 2005, third in...2008? unsure.gif BTW, I don't know how they do it -- I'd go bonkers living out of a suitcase for that long.

I told them to stop because I feel like they're killing themselves with all this touring, but of course they didn't listen to me. Mike Kent said that he thinks the same thing. Then right after he told me that, he told me about the Snow Patrol tour. I really wish they would take some time off. They better not be on tour during the summer or I'll...do nothing because I can't really stop them, but I'll be very angry with them.
  • I feel the same way, wanting them to be working on the next album and not be killing themselves. I think it's a record label issue, though, isn't it? I remember reading something with Damian saying he wished they were working on the next album right now but that once HIGA blew up Capitol wanted them out on the road for a good while yet. I haven't a clue how much control the band has over such things.

About the Chicago show, yeah, it's not listed on the Snow Patrol site's tour schedule yet either. It must be one of those not-completely-confirmed-yet things (?). I hope it's just yet to be confirmed and added. I think that's happened fairly often with OK Go, where certain dates have appeared elsewhere online before they've been added on okgo.net or MySpace.

I'm thinking optimistically and looking forward to them playing at the Aragon. I like that place. Saw Franz there twice. smile.gif

I like Logan Square much better, though, I must say, from a proximity standpoint. At the Aragon, there's a pretty good distance between the crowd and the stage, and the stage is really high, so you sort of get whiplash watching the band. At Logan Square, there was no barrier whatsoever between the stage and audience, and the stage was just above crotch level (I'm 5'5"). It was amazing.

Goddamnit, I'm rambling about the shows again. Sorry.

Boy, now that I think about it, maybe I don't like the Aragon so much. LOL Nah, it's a cool place.
  • I don't think it's just a record company thing, it's more that they don't want to lose momentum. See, now a majority of their fans are just hearing them for the first time, they have 2 cds to catch up on. To them, this is OK Go's first song ever, much like a lot of one hit wonders. In order for them to stay fresh, they need to release something fast or build a solid fan base. Since releasing something fast would either imply a new album or a new song, a new album is out of the question because it takes so much time to make, and by the time it would be released, no one (except us) would care. Capitol released HIGA as a last resort to push these guys into the lime light. Capitol didn't want to invest in a new record for the guys until they knew it was going to be bought. So, that leaves release of a new single or a tour. This is where many bands in the past have got it wrong, bands release something new too fast and no one buys it because they're still new. So, that leaves a tour.

I know I rambled on, but I think it was a valid point.
  • No, it totally makes sense; I was just referring back to what he'd said in that particular interview. I'm sure they do want to capitalize on this themselves--I imagine they're sort of torn.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 15 2006, 11:42 PM)
    That's so awesome. You should definitely abuse the hell out of that. They played two shows that were within a week of my birthday, but never on my birthday. My sister got them to sign a birthday card for me, but I never remembered to mention it to them.

biggrin.gif Awww!! That's so cool that they signed a birthday card for you! That's actually something tangible that you can keep for a long long time. Totally awesome. And I'm sure in the (now dubious) case that I'd see them on my b-day, I'd completely blank out. It's inevitable that I just resort back to gawking and lose all higher brain function...

QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Nov 16 2006, 09:37 AM)
    The Snow Patrol article lists April 2 @ Aragon Ballroom, but the OK Go myspace actually skips that date, going from Detroit on the 1st to St. Louis on the 4th. I hope this is just a clerical error.

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 16 2006, 07:55 PM)
    About the Chicago show, yeah, it's not listed on the Snow Patrol site's tour schedule yet either. It must be one of those not-completely-confirmed-yet things (?). I hope it's just yet to be confirmed and added. I think that's happened fairly often with OK Go, where certain dates have appeared elsewhere online before they've been added on okgo.net or MySpace.

Yeah... I got ahead of myself the other night ^^() I think I was bit exhausted, which made my emotions overpower any drop of logic left in my brain. I briefly scanned their myspace today during class and saw the same thing as you guys. And I was rapid-fire texting my friend because we're sort of still debating whether or not to go to the show in Milwaukee with DCFC on Nov. 26th - then Q101 was giving away tickets and an overnight hotel stay for that specific show - and then she likes Snow Patrol a lot, so I was telling her how they're playing in Milwaukee at The Rave again in April - and it was like crazy-go-nuts overload. But sometime during all that I was like, "Oh. I guess they're not playing on my birthday. Oh well tongue.gif. No worries!" And actually processed that OK Go skips around as a supporting act and headlining act, so it makes sense that not all the dates match up. Yep yep! It'd be freaking super to find out that they just haven't posted that date yet - but I'm totally content with all the other opportunities popping up!! Thank you for letting me know, though! I appreciate it. I'll still keep my fingers crossed biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 16 2006, 07:55 PM)
    I'm thinking optimistically and looking forward to them playing at the Aragon. I like that place. Saw Franz there twice. smile.gif

I like Logan Square much better, though, I must say, from a proximity standpoint. At the Aragon, there's a pretty good distance between the crowd and the stage, and the stage is really high, so you sort of get whiplash watching the band. At Logan Square, there was no barrier whatsoever between the stage and audience, and the stage was just above crotch level (I'm 5'5"). It was amazing.

Goddamnit, I'm rambling about the shows again. Sorry.

Boy, now that I think about it, maybe I don't like the Aragon so much. LOL Nah, it's a cool place.

!!! I definitely agree with everything you said. I've been to Logan Square a few times before, and I love that place for the level of intimacy it allows. It's very unique/ awesome in that respect. And that comment about whiplash @ Aragon is so true. Hahaha! Logan Square is so cute happy.gif
  • Just wondering, is anyone here planning to attend the 3/24 Camden, NJ show? I'm debating between that one and the NYC show on 3/26 and have never attended either of those venues so I'm not sure which is the better one.

I know what you're thinking: Go to both shows.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Nov 17 2006, 04:43 PM)
    Just wondering, is anyone here planning to attend the 3/24 Camden, NJ show? I'm debating between that one and the NYC show on 3/26 and have never attended either of those venues so I'm not sure which is the better one.

i'd say go to the nyc show! it's on my birthday! do it for me since i'm already going to the 3/19 and 3/20 shows in florida! on a slightly more serious note: the camden/philly show is at a pretty sketchy venue. the theatre at madison sounds safer.
  • I got another email from Snow Patrol and they have a few more dates.

Mar 03rd 2007 – SDSU Open Air Theatre, San Diego, CA.
    Mar 05th 2007 – Saltair, Magna, UT.
    Mar 08th 2007 – Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa, OK
    Mar 09th 2007 – Nokia Theatre, Grand Prairie, TX.
    Mar 10th 2007 – Stubbs Bar-BQ, Austin, TX.
    Mar 19th 2007 – Bank United Center, Coral Gables, FL.
    Mar 20th 2007 – Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL.
    Mar 21st 2007 – The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Duluth, GA.
    Mar 24th 2007 – Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ.
    Mar 26th 2007 – Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY.
    Mar 27th 2007 – Theatre at Madison Square Garden, New York, NY. **EXTRA DATE"*
    Mar 28th 2007 – Agganis Arena, Boston, MA.
    Mar 30th 2007 – Metropolis, Montreal, QC.
    Mar 31st 2007 – Ricoh, Toronto, ONT.
    Apr 01st 2007 – State Theatre, Detroit, MI.
    Apr 04th 2007 – The Pageant, St. Louis, MO.
    Apr 05th 2007 – Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI.
    Apr 06th 2007 – Northrop Auditorium, Minneapolis, MN.
    Apr 07th 2007– Burton Cummings Theatre, Winnipeg, MB. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
    Apr 09th 2007 – MacEwan Hall, Calgary, AB. **JUST ANNOUNCED**
    Apr 10th 2007– Shaw Conference Centre, Edmonton, AB. **JUST ANNOUNCED**

I'm starting to think that Snow Patrol probably isn't coming to San Francisco even though a venue says that they are because they keep saying that this is the full list of tour dates and SF isn't on there.
  • But still no Oregon or Washinton shows!! WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Why, why, Snow Partol? Why not come with OK Go? humbug sleep.gif
  • Does OK Go happen to know my class schedule or something? Because, coincidentally, they aren't doing any shows throughout my entire Thanksgiving break (from now until next Sunday) my entire Christmas break (from the 15th until early January, but it seems they won't even be back in a venue until March), and now, with Snow Patrol, they have a gap from the EXACT day I get off for spring break (10th), until the day I return to school (19th).

(Though I understand the holidays. You only get so many days to be with family. )

What's up, J orge? Us college kids have to get our OK Go fix somehow. biggrin.gif Why else would we do our homework all year? For fun??
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Nov 20 2006, 05:07 PM)
    But still no Oregon or Washinton shows!! WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Why, why, Snow Partol? Why not come with OK Go? humbug sleep.gif

I know, I too am VERY VERY VERY unhappy about that! PLAY SEATTLE!!!!!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 20 2006, 09:13 PM)
    Does OK Go happen to know my class schedule or something? Because, coincidentally, they aren't doing any shows throughout my entire Thanksgiving break (from now until next Sunday) my entire Christmas break (from the 15th until early January), and now, with Snow Patrol, they have a gap from the EXACT day I get off for spring break (10th), until the day I return to school (19th).

What the hell, Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore? Us college kids have to get our OK Go fix somehow. biggrin.gif Why else do we do our homework all year? For fun??

If OK Go knows my schedule, then they obviously hate me! First they're playing Stl the day after I will be flying out of Stl to come back to Seattle, then they're playing Stl four days after I could've been there. ARGH! Ah well, if I'm lucky we'll do an east coast trip for my spring break, and I'll get to see them anyway *crosses fingers*
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 20 2006, 11:13 PM)
    Does OK Go happen to know my class schedule or something? Because, coincidentally, they aren't doing any shows throughout my entire Thanksgiving break (from now until next Sunday) my entire Christmas break (from the 15th until early January), and now, with Snow Patrol, they have a gap from the EXACT day I get off for spring break (10th), until the day I return to school (19th).

What the hell, Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore? Us college kids have to get our OK Go fix somehow. biggrin.gif Why else do we do our homework all year? For fun??

Freaking ditto!!! In the words of Kelly Ripa as mocked on SNL, What is that, Reg!?!?!
    CHICKEN FRICASSEE
  • i don't know about you guys but i'm totally eyeing the ebay bidding for The Cheetah Girls Tickets 11/27/06 (Tulsa) Floor Center US $102.50 Nov-23-06 21:45:00 PST

lol i'm joking, i really want to go to the austin one, since its stubbs and also its a sat and its right after my spring break.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Nov 20 2006, 11:57 PM)
    i don't know about you guys but i'm totally eyeing the ebay bidding for The Cheetah Girls Tickets 11/27/06 (Tulsa) Floor Center US $102.50 Nov-23-06 21:45:00 PST

lol i'm joking, i really want to go to the austin one, since its stubbs and also its a sat and its right after my spring break.

Hahahaha XD

[GASP!!!] TIM GUNN!!! Oh me oh my. I'm obligated to lovers you forever now. [squeak] I heart that man to the maxX. And quote him daily! But of course laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 21 2006, 12:05 AM)
    Hahahaha XD

[GASP!!!] TIM GUNN!!! Oh me oh my. I'm obligated to lovers you forever now. [squeak] I heart that man to the maxX. And quote him daily! But of course laugh.gif

haha i try to quote him daily and when i'm caught in a situation(fashion or non-fashion) i think what would tim gunn do?? lol
  • Good news people! I just checked the Snow Patrol site and they now list all of the dates from the article ( http://www.livedaily.com/news/Snow_Patrol_...11027.html?t=98 ), except for the tba D.C one. No news on any pre-sale though, but I'm glad that they have it posted. I was starting to get worried.

EDIT: I just realized that it doesn't list OK Go as the support for the Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Universal City, Denver, and Houston shows, but hopefully that's just because they just put the dates up. They don't list anyone else as an opener, so I'm probably just overreacting.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 21 2006, 03:45 AM)
    Good news people! I just checked the Snow Patrol site and they now list all of the dates from the article ( http://www.livedaily.com/news/Snow_Patrol_...11027.html?t=98 ), except for the tba D.C one. No news on any pre-sale though, but I'm glad that they have it posted. I was starting to get worried.

GaH! Another Chicago date! If it wasn't 4am and I wasn't so incredibly exhausted after working on a paper for six hours, I might have done a little dance.

Oh, what the hell. *dances*

Could someone kindly give a bump/shove to this thread when the pre-sale dates arrive and what the access code is? smile.gif
  • Crap. I was double checking the Snow Patrol site to make sure I didn't miss anything and I realized that the Chicago date isn't listed yet and I checked Ticketmaster and Aragon Ballroom's site to see if they say anything, but they don't. I've been checking the site everyday though, so if they do put up the Chicago date, I'll let you know. I know a bunch of people on the Snow Patrol boards are asking about it too.

I feel bad now because you danced and everything. They'll probably post it up later today or tomorrow.
  • I was looking around for any info about Chicago and all I could find was this:
    http://www.soundchronicle.com/concert-news...rican-2007-tour

It was posted until November 17 unlike most of the articles that were posted on the 13th or 14th. Of course that probably means nothing, but maybe it's more accurate? I think there was another site that also listed the Chicago date, but it doesn't list the date on their record company's site and their booking agency's site gives no information at all, so that was very unhelpful.
  • Hey, thanks for looking for info on Chicago ...

*waits in anticipation for confirmation*

*apparently talks like Jesse Jackson*