In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• i'm an idiot.
    i just posted in the Dot Dot Dot thread about them being in Chicago... I guess I had no idea where you lived, Darbie!!

Also... Tempe, when are you going??? I go a lot and I'd make a special trip out to meet you!! And to see Becky, it's been forever! And Darbie too! haha, plus, I'll need to start apartment shopping if i intend to make a move there in a few months!

my complaint?
    people. some are just SO incredibly disappointing.
  • - too many exams/work all at the same time [as always]
    - this ^^ not allowing for lots of time on the board sad.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 13 2008, 04:29 PM)
    Yeah, but it's so much better to interview and at least give it a shot, rather than doing nothing in an attempt to avoid potential rejection, yeah? Just think of yourself as strong enough to be able to put yourself out there in the first place.

I am full of insight and wisdom!

Lol, you're absolutely right, Amy. Lately, I have been in a sort of lull not doing anything to avoid potential rejection. It's not good. I'm stronger than that! I really need sometimes a good kick in the butt into action. I just heard from the Children's Hospital of Colorado in Aurora. They want me to come out for an interview in December. I feel better now hearing from a few programs.

Thank you so much Chicago area boardies for your awesome support! I'm not sure what the schedule will be like yet. I'll keep you posted.

You guys are awesome.
  • Besides, Roseleh, OK Go comes to Chicago a lot more often than they play Arizona. That will help your withdrawal.
  • I'm so upset sad.gif
    I was SO close to finding a way to go down to Nashville to see Locksley and Hymns
    But both my original plan and back-up plan fell apart
    I'm so upset, cuz they were both so awesome in Chicago and I really wanted to see them again while they're on this tour! Cuz who knows when Locksley's next headlining tour will be. Or if they would ever tour with Hymns again sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
  • Awww Rebekker I'm sorry!! *hugs* Sucks when you put so much effort into the plan and back up plan and they BOTH fall through - I feel for you hon.

Just had the most vile dinner. I love it at university, but I miss decent food. A lot.
    I want my matzo ball soup sad.gif
  • stupid stupid stupid. Ah, don't tell me not to hate you and then act like that!!!!! Right now I don't know why this lasted so long, you are such an idiot.

my complaint? ... boys. stupid boys
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 24 2008, 01:43 PM)
    Awww Rebekker I'm sorry!! *hugs* Sucks when you put so much effort into the plan and back up plan and they BOTH fall through - I feel for you hon.

Thanks, Alice. I was so upset. I was really trying to find a way there, and believe me, if there was some way, I would have found it, haha. But it's just not happening. I've cooled off a little now though, and decided that I'll see them soon enough. I'll just have to be a little patient. And I might not be able to see them with Hymns in the same concert again. But it's not like I can't see them both again at some point

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 24 2008, 02:34 PM)

boys are pretty stupid
  • My complaint:
    I feel like such a little jerk right now. I joined in making fun of this one kid that walked by at lunch today just so that this one really blunt gay guy at our table wouldn't make fun of me after I left.

Stupid gay guy. Too bad you're not as hot as you think you are.

And there I go blaming my actions on another person.

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 24 2008, 01:34 PM)
    stupid stupid stupid. Ah, don't tell me not to hate you and then act like that!!!!! Right now I don't know why this lasted so long, you are such an idiot.

Remember my rap in times like these.
    You so cool, you a one person party.

• QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Oct 24 2008, 06:51 PM)
    My complaint:
    I feel like such a little jerk right now. I joined in making fun of this one kid that walked by at lunch today just so that this one really blunt gay guy at our table wouldn't make fun of me after I left.

Remember my rap in times like these.
    You so cool, you a one person party.

wow... I can honestly say I never had trouble of this type, it's like you're from a different planet than mine wink.gif ...okay smile.gif

I don't have complaints, I think everything is gonna be alright.
  • Haha, you mean you've never felt guilty of something like that, or that you've never been guilty of something like that?

And I'm glad you have no complaints. biggrin.gif
  • i'm in an incredibly grouchy mood and i don't know why
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Oct 24 2008, 07:51 PM)
    My complaint:

aw, hugs! that's actually really common, Courtney, and I think it teaches us life lessons.
    A very similar thing happened to me:
    When I was 13, there was this awful boy, Tony, who made fun of anybody who wasn't cool- he was a jerk, an ugly, mentally deficient bully. He bothered me all the time, b/c I was a this nerdy girl in his woodshop and art class- and he was relentless. One time he spit in my glue.
    Well, one day after school, I was walking down the hall and there he was making fun of this boy named Bobby for being overweight. I had always liked Bobby- he was friendly and warm and just a cheerful, nice person and who cares about his weight?
    But Bobby just stood there, practically crying, and otherwise just standing there perfectly still and vulnerable while Tony went on and on about Bobby's weight.
    And I should have said something- I should have pointed out that Tony would end up working at McDonalds all his life and wasn't worth Bobby's little finger. But I didn't say anything. I just looked at what was happening, and probly I was scared it would happen to me next, I don't know, but I didn't say anything- I just walked away as quick as I could.
    And I feel so guilty about it- I feel guilty to this day. But I learned something that day, and that was that I was wrong, and b/c of that experience, I never did anything like that again. And now I always try to be the kind of person I would want myself and others to be- and I get involved even when I'm scared to.
    So, Courtney, remember that almost everyone has an experience like that, but it only happens once a lifetime, and it'll make you a better person for the rest of your life. Nobody's perfect, and nobody's good all the time, but we can learn from everything that happens and use our experiences to improve. ~hugs~
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Oct 24 2008, 07:39 PM)
    Haha, you mean you've never felt guilty of something like that, or that you've never been guilty of something like that?

And I'm glad you have no complaints. biggrin.gif

me too, thanks smile.gif

I've never been guilty of something like that I think. Maybe it's because I spent every recess at the library during school... my brother used to say I was autistic laugh.gif ...I'm just not the sociable type I guess; it just doesn't occur to me to worry about events as the one you portray. Anyhow, I hope everything develops for the best at your school, cheers smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Oct 24 2008, 08:25 PM)
    aw, hugs! that's actually really common, Courtney, and I think it teaches us life lessons.
    A very similar thing happened to me:
    When I was 13, there was this awful boy, Tony, who made fun of anybody who wasn't cool- he was a jerk, an ugly, mentally deficient bully. He bothered me all the time, b/c I was a this nerdy girl in his woodshop and art class- and he was relentless. One time he spit in my glue.
    Well, one day after school, I was walking down the hall and there he was making fun of this boy named Bobby for being overweight. I had always liked Bobby- he was friendly and warm and just a cheerful, nice person and who cares about his weight?
    But Bobby just stood there, practically crying, and otherwise just standing there perfectly still and vulnerable while Tony went on and on about Bobby's weight.
    And I should have said something- I should have pointed out that Tony would end up working at McDonalds all his life and wasn't worth Bobby's little finger. But I didn't say anything. I just looked at what was happening, and probly I was scared it would happen to me next, I don't know, but I didn't say anything- I just walked away as quick as I could.
    And I feel so guilty about it- I feel guilty to this day. But I learned something that day, and that was that I was wrong, and b/c of that experience, I never did anything like that again. And now I always try to be the kind of person I would want myself and others to be- and I get involved even when I'm scared to.
    So, Courtney, remember that almost everyone has an experience like that, but it only happens once a lifetime, and it'll make you a better person for the rest of your life. Nobody's perfect, and nobody's good all the time, but we can learn from everything that happens and use our experiences to improve. ~hugs~

Thanks. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's ever felt that way.
    I think everything's a sign, and I think this was a sign of the fact that I should stand up for what I believe in, stand up for other people and just be myself even if I think I'll be ridiculed for it. This whole year I've been fighting to show people who I really am - the way I am with my family - instead of cowering into "School Courtney" mode.
    I've been telling myself, "Who cares what people think? Be the way you are" for years now.
    I think I'll start acting on that, because I never want to feel this guilty again!

QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Oct 24 2008, 09:27 PM)
    me too, thanks smile.gif

I've never been guilty of something like that I think. Maybe it's because I spent every recess at the library during school... my brother used to say I was autistic laugh.gif ...I'm just not the sociable type I guess; it just doesn't occur to me to worry about events as the one you portray. Anyhow, I hope everything develops for the best at your school, cheers smile.gif

Hahaha, I would've expected you to say "Never FELT guilty of doing something like that." tongue.gif
    I know this one kid who spends the whole lunch period in the library and he seems like a really nice guy.
    I hope things turn out well too. (Meaning, I hope I find a way to not each lunch every day with a supercritical gay guy.)
  • YouTube is now blocked at work. Now I can no sees The Fade to Black while on break. Guess I'll just have to listen to it instead of being visually stimulated at the same time. Totally didn't mean to make that sound dirty.

*shakes fist at IT*

*waves at IT in case they're watching right now*
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 27 2008, 10:08 AM)
    YouTube is now blocked at work. Now I can no sees The Fade to Black while on break. Guess I'll just have to listen to it instead of being visually stimulated at the same time. Totally didn't mean to make that sound dirty.

*shakes fist at IT*

*waves at IT in case they're watching right now*

can you use a proxy?
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Oct 27 2008, 12:16 PM)
    can you use a proxy?

Probably. I'm currently using ljgate.com to view my Live Journal at work.
  • I'm so disgustingly sick right now! I just sneezed and busted out my ear drums. I can't taste, I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can't think. I hate being sick. If I hated anything most in the world, it's being sick.
  • QUOTE (MyFavoritePerson @ Oct 27 2008, 03:43 PM)
    I'm so disgustingly sick right now! I just sneezed and busted out my ear drums. I can't taste, I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can't think. I hate being sick. If I hated anything most in the world, it's being sick.

I hope you feel better soon! sad.gif

(Haha, I'm a fool, I initially typed "see better soon" tongue.gif)