In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• ok this isn't so much a complaint as it is a question...sorta

it's a bit hard and long to explain, but i'll give you the gist:

ok i'm going to be a senior next year and i've been playing soccer for about 11 years, but i'm not like amazing or anything. i've been on the school team all throughout high school and i was on the varsity team last year. so we have these summer practices like twice a week all throughout july and august and then a preseason/tryout week which is pretty brutal.

so last year after the tryouts, the coach told me and this other girl who is in my grade that we probably won't get much playing time...and we hardly did. we would either play like 5-10 min. of a game or not at all. this was really frustrating and we were both mad because we do just as much as everyone else and we practice as hard as everyone else, yet these little freshman sometimes play more than us. and the coach is basically an idiot.

usually the seniors are captains, but now, for some reason the coach made this junior girl in charge of running everything and all the other girls are really mad about this, including the 5 seniors. so i was debating whether i should even go out for the team because i'm not sure what it's going to be like next year.

like i could either go to all the summer practices and do all the intense running and stuff (and it's really hot haha) and make the team, but i probably won't play. but i can't imagine like not being on the team, and especially with all the perks of being a senior on the team (but that might not even be the case next year)...

or i could not go out for the team and this way i don't have to waste all that time everyday after school and all throughout summer only to probably not play at all, but then i won't be part of the team, which is just so weird...

ya so sorry for making this soooo long, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought of this.
  • first off, the length of the post was NOT a problem for me. :]

i don't think you should waste your time with it. i'm not insulting soccer, i'm just saying, you ARE a senior now, and you need to get your priorities straight. i would put soccer on the list since you have been on a team so long, but since you're not really doing anything..i think it's time to let go of it. if you still want to play, then DEFINITELY say something to this coach of yours. tell him/her you need and/or want to play more and it's not fair that the stupid freshmans get to play and you don't.

you can take this advice, or leave it.

but if you decide to drop playing and take my advice, in 10 years..please don't blame me for not staying with it.
  • that does suck =[

i think you should make your own team of the 5 pissed off seniors plus more cool people and then PLAY like you've never played before!
  • haha thanks

ya my coach isn't really the guy you can talk to. he told my friend who had the same problem the previous year that he "just got so caught up in the game that he forgot" and she would remind him and he still didn't put her in.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no i totally appreciate the advice. it's not like i'm going to be a professional soccer player...no way! i wasn't even going to continue in college, but this was just going to be my last year ya know...
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jul 3 2007, 12:10 AM)
    that does suck =[

i think you should make your own team of the 5 pissed off seniors plus more cool people and then PLAY like you've never played before!

hahaha that's sooo weird because i was just talking to one of the "pissed off seniors" and a "pissed off junior" and i brought up this idea and said we should totally do it hahaha

great minds think a like! cool.gif

ya...elementary school!!!!!
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Jul 2 2007, 11:12 PM)
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no i totally appreciate the advice.

anytime, anytime. smile.gif
  • ^ cool thanks!

you guys are just too cool!
  • hmm porifera I think if you decide not to try out, and not playing, or not being on a team, feels weird to you... then definitely start your own team/league whatever. Like, just small teams, after school, anyone can play... that sort of thing. That way you'll still be playing soccer, but you'll A. be running the show, B. not under the stress of a real team, and C. be having more fun, quite possibly.
    Soccer is much too fun to just give up. Especially if you're planning on giving it up completely in a year. But that doesn't mean you have to be on the high school team.

and my complaint? my cell phone just decided to not work. It doesn't tell me I have voicemails, or missed calls, and sometimes when someone calls it goes straight to voicemail for no reason, like even when it's on and I have service it still goes to voicemail.
    I think I need a new phone/ new provider/ something.
  • ^^ aww my phone does the straight to voicemail thing too!! people get really annoyed cause they can't reach you and it makes everything a great pain!

hahaha that's sooo weird because i was just talking to one of the "pissed off seniors" and a "pissed off junior" and i brought up this idea and said we should totally do it hahaha

great minds think a like!

hehe cool.gif i hope something works out for you!!
  • yeah, now I just found out it's been calling my friend in Canada randomly. And it's not pocket dialing, I have a flip phone. haha I really think it's posessed.... I dunno.
  • My "friends" in real life have ceased to communicate with me. I suppose their reasoning is, "Oh, we don't need to copy her homework anymore - for now."

At least I have you guys.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 3 2007, 10:14 PM)
    My "friends" in real life have ceased to communicate with me. I suppose their reasoning is, "Oh, we don't need to copy her homework anymore - for now."

At least I have you guys.

Aww, that's so awful. I've definitely been in that situation.
    But the internet is so much more fun than real life. wink.gif
  • It is, isn't it!
    Though sometimes I feel bad for not having a life...lol
  • Well, I mean, what's "having a life" these days? Getting plastered at some house of some kid who you don't even know? Going shopping every weekend and pretending you can afford everything you try on? Texting the "friends" who are probably talking shit about you as they reply?

Hah, I sound so angsty. I'm just kind of pissed at my own friends and their assholieness.

Having a life is good, I guess. But this is fun too.
  • I completely understand you. Frankly, I don't think there's anyone in this city who can stand my oddness and insanity. and to be truth ful, I don't think there's anyone unique either.

And I haven't met anyone like any of you either.

The wonders of Internet.

Indiana's cool.
  • Hehe. Indiana's far from cool - I don't think anyone in this STATE understands me.

Much love to internet peoples!
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Jul 3 2007, 07:27 PM)
    Well, I mean, what's "having a life" these days? Getting plastered at some house of some kid who you don't even know? Going shopping every weekend and pretending you can afford everything you try on? Texting the "friends" who are probably talking shit about you as they reply?

Hah, I sound so angsty. I'm just kind of pissed at my own friends and their assholieness.

agreed,
    very true,
    and well said.
  • i havent slept a single minute since sunday.
    cept today at noon i fell asleep for 2 hours.
    its cause for the past 2 or 3 days ive been drinkin this cheap energy drink called rip it.
    must be really powerfull cause i didnt sleep at all.
    made me really nervous and emotional, and i pissed like every 20 mins..
    DONT DRINK THAT SHIT.
    it tasts fine but it made me not sleep. man.. and i had to drive today early in the mornin for my behind the wheel class.
    thursday is my last day and i know im gona fail.....
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Jul 3 2007, 09:27 PM)
    Well, I mean, what's "having a life" these days? Getting plastered at some house of some kid who you don't even know? Going shopping every weekend and pretending you can afford everything you try on? Texting the "friends" who are probably talking shit about you as they reply?

yea my friends have been alot like that lately too.
    like because i go for walks by myself, and bike around to places i like, i dont have a life.
    i guess not having a new layout for myspace every other week also means u dont have a life..
    dumb
    wouldnt u rather stay home and make cupcakes anyway?
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Jul 4 2007, 01:40 AM)
    yea my friends have been alot like that lately too.
    like because i go for walks by myself, and bike around to places i like, i dont have a life.
    i guess not having a new layout for myspace every other week also means u dont have a life..
    dumb
    wouldnt u rather stay home and make cupcakes anyway?

Exactly. Spending time with yourself doesn't mean you don't have a life.
    It just means you love yourself.
    And yes, I'd rather stay home making cupcakes...and promptly devouring every one of them. smile.gif