In this Discussion

Complaints Thread

Comments

• Dear Courtney,
    The human race sucks. We're all so damn judgmental and opinionated [even this is an opinion]. It's sad to see a world revolved around just the image, just the rusty outside shell we all try to hide our true selves inside. We spout our hatred and we spew our lies, when internally... most of us are the most insecure. It's a crazy world out there and there's no easy fix, but hang in there... because in the end, the beautiful person that you are will always be ten times better than they could EVER be. Stay just the way you are because you... are amazing.

Love,
    Nance
  • Wow, that's beautiful, Nance. wub.gif Thanks.
  • Courtney, I just want to tell you too that you're awesome. Forget about sophomore year; your junior year is gonna rock. And it's really great actually that your fb was deleted. Starting all over, all nice and fresh, feels actually incredibly good- it's rejuvenating. This isn't the same, but my youtube account was deleted and starting over, I feel like I'm re-creating myself and that's fun. This time, you can leave out who you don't need to be around, and include only ppl you love and who love you.
  • - 6 hour car drvies, and getting up at 4am to start said drives

- truck drivers who try to kill me, nearly crashed twise today cause of the twats

- not being able to hear the sea anymore =[
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 17 2008, 11:37 PM)
    Courtney, I just want to tell you too that you're awesome. Forget about sophomore year; your junior year is gonna rock. And it's really great actually that your fb was deleted. Starting all over, all nice and fresh, feels actually incredibly good- it's rejuvenating. This isn't the same, but my youtube account was deleted and starting over, I feel like I'm re-creating myself and that's fun. This time, you can leave out who you don't need to be around, and include only ppl you love and who love you.

Thank you. You're awesome too. smile.gif
    I've been thinking about starting a new one actually. And when your new Youtube is all set and ready, let me know so I can watch some (probably OKGo-related) coolness!
    You know, sometimes I wonder why there are so many nice people on this board....
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 18 2008, 07:32 AM)
    - 6 hour car drvies, and getting up at 4am to start said drives

- truck drivers who try to kill me, nearly crashed twise today cause of the twats

- not being able to hear the sea anymore =[

But I am glad you're alive and back, Pandy!
    How was it?
  • was very fun thanks!
  • Did you lay seige on the natives?
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 18 2008, 04:15 PM)
    I've been thinking about starting a new one actually.

Yay, Courtney, get a new facebook! I need to send back all the Paolo pieces of flair you made me tongue.gif

I hope you realise from all the positive comments you've gotten from everyone that regardless of what you look like, or what your friends think you're like, WE all know that you're a brilliant, lovely, funny and intelligent girl, and that we appreciate you for who you are. You never fail to make me smile, laugh, or indeed snuckle, and I'm so glad to have met you. You're a fantastic person, Courtney, and if your friends can't see that then the problem certainly doesn't lie with you.

Wooo Andy's back!

My only currently complaint is that I went out with a guy the other night, realised that I REALLY am not attracted to him at all, and now have no idea how to reply to his text asking if I'd like to go out again without sounding mean.

And I can't go on a few of the threads on this board because it freezes my internet, for some reason :S

Oh, and I had a dream that I got a B in biology and failed to get into medical school and now I'm getting more and more terrified the closer I get to results day!! :S
  • I might start a new one in the next few days if I don't get a reply from Facebook about my old one.

Haha, pieces of flair are actually the things I miss the most from that thing.

Thank you guys so much, by the way. If everyone I knew in real life were even half as kind and funny as you guys, I'd consider myself one of the luckiest people around. You guys make me snuckle too!

Ooh...um. If I were you, I wouldn't reply, but that would seem mean. No, actually I would reply with something scary...like, about yeast infections or something. But that's just me. biggrin.gif

GASP! Please don't let the Paolo thread be one of those!

Psh, you probably did just fine! If for any reason you got a B, it would probably stand for Brilliant anyways. Or Bangable.

• ^^ Hahahah that can be my excuse to Cambridge if I fail - "Admittedly, I didn't get the grades you asked for... but if it helps, it's only because I'm Bangable!"

Yeah I haven't texted back yet... love the yeast infection idea though.

The Paolo thread is fine, don't worry biggrin.gif
  • Ooh, but you probably shouldn't tell them. That would cause the most disturbing of mass seductions. (It's only cool if it involves Nutinis!)

Dooo iittttt!

And yay for Nutinis and their non-freezy threads.
  • nothing says back off like a yeast infection...other then maybe 12 yeast infections, each more yeastieal then the last

failing that, go for the truth, nothing works better then the truth
  • Buying lowfat sour cream when you meant to buy regular, am I right people?

Edit:
    QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 18 2008, 09:52 AM)
    My only currently complaint is that I went out with a guy the other night, realised that I REALLY am not attracted to him at all, and now have no idea how to reply to his text asking if I'd like to go out again without sounding mean.

Oh, and I had a dream that I got a B in biology and failed to get into medical school and now I'm getting more and more terrified the closer I get to results day!! :S

Those stupid dreams terrify you, but are just ways for your subconscious to release itself. Nevertheless, they suck. Right before I got the results of my licensing exam, I had this horrible dream that the midget prosthodontal teacher I hate suddenly moved in across the street. He said I should carpool with him. Later that afternoon, he came over and I thought he wanted to arrange a carpool. But he really came over to tell me I had passed everything but the prosthodontal exam and I would have to wait a year to retake it. The funniest moment in the dream was him being so short, I had to get on my haunches, like when talking with a child, in order to look him in the eyes.

Maybe I'm just slightly behind on the dating scene. To Tempe dating is like eating a square meal--I can't get either lately. But anyway, if he's texting, maybe he realizes he doesn't have a good chance at a second date and rather than ask you to your face, he's expecting to get a no thanks. I would recommend the following line if you were dating Ratboy: I have a massive yeast infection, an undiasgnosed STD, and am expecting my period at any moment. But when not dating Ratboy, I always go with the straight forward, simple: "I don't think we should see each other any more." Then they ask why even though they know why. And I just say, "I'm just not interested right now." I am a cold business woman. Ooo, maybe that's why Tempe's got no date. Ah, and we come full circle!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 19 2008, 10:35 AM)
    Buying lowfat sour cream when you meant to buy regular, am I right people?

Maybe I'm just slightly behind on the dating scene. To Tempe dating is like eating a square meal--I can't get either lately. But anyway, if he's texting, maybe he realizes he doesn't have a good chance at a second date and rather than ask you to your face, he's expecting to get a no thanks. I would recommend the following line if you were dating Ratboy: I have a massive yeast infection, an undiasgnosed STD, and am expecting my period at any moment. But when not dating Ratboy, I always go with the straight forward, simple: "I don't think we should see each other any more." Then they ask why even though they know why. And I just say, "I'm just not interested right now." I am a cold business woman. Ooo, maybe that's why Tempe's got no date. Ah, and we come full circle!

Yes about the sour cream.

And that is some of the greatest advice I have ever been given, Tempe. True genius. Especially about him expecting to be turned down, so texting rather than calling or something... I think I'm going to say that it'd be cool to see him again, but only as friends.
  • This dude is my complaint. It's so stupid, when we talk I always have to ask 'Pardon?' because I can't hear what he's saying over my ridiculously loud heartbeat. rolleyes.gif I wish he'd just tell me if he feels the same way instead of being a cryptic pain in my arse.

And school started again today. Disgusting.
  • ^^Ack! School starts so early in Aussie ohmy.gif

Two minor complaints:
    - When my mom goes to a concert featuring 60s bands today singing their songs just so she can say either, "They look so alta cockery" or "It's amazing he doesn't look like that sweet little guy. He's so old." I really really hate when people go to see bands who are 30+ years old and say shit like that (unless of course they really do look burnt out). I would think if you didn't get a chance to see these bands when they were young, but now you are able to, you would feel more happiness or appreciation, rather than want to comment on their age. It just irritates me for some reason

- People now are in the position to ask me if I got a job yet and such. It's none of your business and if you're not going to help me find a good job, then why are you asking. You just want to try to one-up me! (Nosy former classmates)
  • I got hired for a freelance coding job- basically, one of this media group's clients is a library, and they want me to convert some of their book encyclopedia entries on into webpages. It's no big deal, but I guess I got the job by saying I'd do it for half the price. Professionals get paid $500 to $600 dollars to develop webpages, and up to $1000 to develop full sites....I told them I'd do it for $250...
    Stupid move- I thought I was helping to land myself a great job, but my mother just explained their contract to me...Something like 33% of that $250 is going to taxes...I was clueless, b/c I don't pay taxes; I'm still a dependent. But since I have no "overhead costs," a lot of my check is going to be lost to the stupid, stupid, stupid government.
    So now it's like- coding your encyclopedia will take me way too long for so little money...I was really hoping to save up for an iphone...
    Why can't everybody just pay for things under the table? Gah!!!!
  • I got to wake up today to find that someone covered my car in shaving cream, cheerios, marshmallows, and sprinkles. Now I might find this funny if I didn't take me an hour to wash it and if I actually knew who did it. It just bothers me because I REALLY want to know who did it. I know it wasn't supposed to be mean and it was either a friend or some really stupid and drunk guys most likely. Ugh but now my car smells like a man's face. dry.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jul 25 2008, 11:29 AM)
    I got hired for a freelance coding job- basically, one of this media group's clients is a library, and they want me to convert some of their book encyclopedia entries on into webpages. It's no big deal, but I guess I got the job by saying I'd do it for half the price. Professionals get paid $500 to $600 dollars to develop webpages, and up to $1000 to develop full sites....I told them I'd do it for $250...
    Stupid move- I thought I was helping to land myself a great job, but my mother just explained their contract to me...Something like 33% of that $250 is going to taxes...I was clueless, b/c I don't pay taxes; I'm still a dependent. But since I have no "overhead costs," a lot of my check is going to be lost to the stupid, stupid, stupid government.
    So now it's like- coding your encyclopedia will take me way too long for so little money...I was really hoping to save up for an iphone...
    Why can't everybody just pay for things under the table? Gah!!!!

You should be able to get most of it back as a refund, Tab.